To find out more about Mayo Abbey Parish CDC CLG, what we do, our mission, values and vision and other company information please click on the links below.
GET IN TOUCH
About Mayo Abbey Parish CDC CLG
The company was set up in 1999 as a legal structure to spearhead the projects envisaged by Mayo Abbey Community Council. Subcommittees were set up by the company and everything on the timeline has been achieved under the umbrella or with support from the company.
Over the years, two of theses subcommittees have become companies in their own right – Mayo Abbey Parish Housing Association CLG & Abbey Tots CLG.
Today, MAPCDC plays a key role in maintaining and supporting all of the development projects as well as supporting individuals, clubs and organizations in the community including:
- Providing continued support to local community members
- Mayo Abbey Parish Housing Association CLG
- Abbey Tots CLG
- Tochar Valley Network
- Mayo Abbey Active Age Association
- Mayo Abbey Foroige Club
- Mayo Abbey Heritage Committee
- Facefield Village
- Mayo Gaels
- Mayo Abbey Church
- Mayo Abbey National School
- Facefield National School / Afterschool
Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Our mission is to continue to work in partnership with government departments and agencies, community groups and voluntary agencies to provide a wide range of services that will benefit the wider community.
Our vision is to have a Mayo Abbey a thriving and sustainable community providing equal opportunities for all.
- Accountability and Transperency
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Adapt to the everchanging needs of the community
- Provide pathways to training to hard to reach groups in the community
- Ensure people experiencing poverty and social inclusion have an opportunity to build skills
- Sponsor a Community Employment Scheme which provides employment and training opportunities for locals as well as people from our surrounding communities – find our more here.
- Host Rural Social Scheme participants who provide valuable support to our projects.
- Maintain and develop the Resource Centre and its services.
- Maintain and develop St. Colmans Training Centre, a recognised Community Training Centre which is QQI and ICS Skills accredited.
- Maintain and develop our “Community Hub“, providing support to individuals and organisations in our community.
- Maintain and develop Mayo Abbey Cookery School, the only accredited cookery school in Mayo.
- Maintain and develop Mayo Abbey Organic Centre, which provides home grown vegetable for our meals and cafe projects as well as providing a base for our horticulture training.
- Run a full time LTI Professional Cookery course in conjunction with MSLETB.
- Work with various government departments and public bodies to ensure continued support for our current projects.
- Research funding opportunities and initiatives.
- Work with HSE to provide a subsidised social meals and meals delivery programme.
- Work with Local Link Mayo to look at the transport needs in the community, promote the rural transport initiative and try to ensure these enhanced services remain in our community.
- Have a café service in the Resource Centre providing teas, coffees, scones and a lunch option.
- Walk in tours to groups, with lunch if desired.
- Working to maintain compliance with the Charity Regulators Governance Code.
- Continually working on various initiatives to reach out to the community.
Mayo Abbey Parish CDC CLG could not continue to provide our services without the support of the general community and without assistance from the following government departments, agencies and bodies who continue to work with us and support us:
- Department of Social Protection (CE Scheme & RSS)
- South West Mayo Development Company
- MSLETB (Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education Training Board)
- Mayo Local Link
- Mayo County Council
- Elected Representatives
- Department or Rural & Community Development
- Department of Education & Skills
- Department of Transport
- All other government departments & agencies that support us
Mayo Abbey Parish Community Development Company CLG is registered with the Companies Registration Office – Registration no. 300207.
Registered with the Charities Regulator – Charity Number 20042073
Registered with the Revenue Commissioners – CHY 13470
The Board of Mayo Abbey Parish CDC have deemed compliance with the Governance Code
Company Directors & Trustees
- Derek Vahey (Chairperson)
- Josephine Donoghue (Secretary)
- Martina McGing (Treasurer)
- Alan Prendergast (Vice Chairperson)
- Mary Jo Barrett
- Martin Flatley
- Nancy Fitzgerald
In addition to the above directors, the following are also members of the Management Committee:
- Fr. Austin Fergus
- Eddie Barrett
- Denise Duggan
- Judith Morley